Share | 

Forum Moderators Abusing Their Power

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
«§×§» Handgun_Hero
Upper Managment
Upper Managment

PostSubject: Forum Moderators Abusing Their Power   Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:48 pm

Recently I came across a complaint against me and 2 other fellow clan members, and it was from a forum moderator who requested we not spam his topic. Now I am sure that if someone is complaining about me, that surely I have the right to challenge his complaint and at least give reason? Either way, this is exactly what I did, and my challenge was in the form of a link, which showed that same moderator had only 3 minutes before hand did the exact same thing as I had done. Now I was expecting this challenge to be handled and resolved by someone appropriately, but not, instead the moderator locks the topic. Whilst I can understand this to some extent can be justified, the moderator then went over the top by deleting the evidence to the challenge, and then locking the topic again, so that I could not express my opinion and removed evidence. Furthermore, this happened AFTER I went offline, so that when I return, in hope that this issue may have been resolved by now, I instead find a topic where a Moderator has abused their power. Since then the topic had been unlocked, because another clan member has made posts in it, but it AGAIN has been locked, without allowing me, or indeed any of the members who were being complained about in the first place, expressing my challenge responsibly.

When you receive moderator, it is to help out and manage the forum, not to bias it. Now I eagerly await that moderator to delete this topic as well so I cannot challenge this abuse of power. Or I also await that moderator to this time man up to what he did, and post an agreement OR challenge to this in an appropriate and fair manner.

Vietnam | Glory Obscured Tester and Mapper. Leading developer of the cancelled Flames of The Empire: Scorched Earth project.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.screamingcricket.com/forum/index.php
Mad Frog
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Forum Moderators Abusing Their Power   Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:47 am

«§×§» Anarchist wrote:
Recently I came across a complaint against me and 2 other fellow clan members, and it was from a forum moderator who requested we not spam his topic. Now I am sure that if someone is complaining about me, that surely I have the right to challenge his complaint and at least give reason? Either way, this is exactly what I did, and my challenge was in the form of a link, which showed that same moderator had only 3 minutes before hand did the exact same thing as I had done. Now I was expecting this challenge to be handled and resolved by someone appropriately, but not, instead the moderator locks the topic. Whilst I can understand this to some extent can be justified, the moderator then went over the top by deleting the evidence to the challenge, and then locking the topic again, so that I could not express my opinion and removed evidence. Furthermore, this happened AFTER I went offline, so that when I return, in hope that this issue may have been resolved by now, I instead find a topic where a Moderator has abused their power. Since then the topic had been unlocked, because another clan member has made posts in it, but it AGAIN has been locked, without allowing me, or indeed any of the members who were being complained about in the first place, expressing my challenge responsibly.

When you receive moderator, it is to help out and manage the forum, not to bias it. Now I eagerly await that moderator to delete this topic as well so I cannot challenge this abuse of power. Or I also await that moderator to this time man up to what he did, and post an agreement OR challenge to this in an appropriate and fair manner.

Actually, Im to blame for locking the topic... i had the intentions of deleteing it, but forgot

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sharpshooters.progoo.us
«§×§» Handgun_Hero
Upper Managment
Upper Managment

PostSubject: Re: Forum Moderators Abusing Their Power   Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:44 am

Well ok, that sorts that out. I thought Bravewolf deleted my post and locked it so that I couldn't challenge him. Thanks for clearing that issue up. Smile

Vietnam | Glory Obscured Tester and Mapper. Leading developer of the cancelled Flames of The Empire: Scorched Earth project.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.screamingcricket.com/forum/index.php
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum Moderators Abusing Their Power   

Back to top Go down

Forum Moderators Abusing Their Power
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1